Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fabric Flower Power


These are a few of the new fabric flowers I've been creating. I can't tell you how much fun I have making them. It's like part sewing, part fabric origami! It's fun to pick out the fabric and then the embellishments...and then folding them and putting them together is so quiet and meditative.

I first learned about these fabric flowers when I was in Singapore. They're an offshoot of the flowers geishas and maikos wear in their hair. But these look nothing like what a geisha would wear! What I've done is put a little pin on the back so that you can put these on your jacket or on your purse. Can you imagine how cute this would look on your purse? I think I might make enough of them that I will post and sell them on Etsy.

Well, I just wanted to post a picture real quick. It's actually time for me to CLEAN THE STUDIO. Special thanks to Cindy for pointing me to Hipstamatic...that's where the awesome photo came from.




No comments:

Post a Comment