Sunday, February 21, 2010

Thieves' Market


Just got back from walking the Chor Bazaar.

7 Things I Saw:

  • 1 goat the size of a small horse
  • 5 roosters fighting with eachother
  • a 4 foot crystal chandelier
  • countless stolen car parts
  • 2 mosques and 1 Hindu temple
  • 3 more Taporis making kissy noises at me
  • at least 5 fruits and veggies that I had never seen before


What I bought: 1 wooden block used to make block prints on textiles such as tablecloths and clothing. It cost me about $1. I even haggled with the shopkeeper on the price. Yay me!


After our visit to Chor Bazaar, we went out to lunch at a restaurant that doesn’t even deserve a mention because it sucked so bad and then we went to an AMAZING store called Soma which sells Block Printed Textiles, like I mentioned above. I bought 1 block printed Kurta (shirt), 1 small square tablecloth, and two more wooden blocks. I plan to use these as stamps in my mixed media art. I’m so excited to try them out!


Tonight I’m going to bed early because we’ve got to hop on a plane to Jaipur at 6am tomorrow and I don’t want a repeat performance of what happened at the Singapore Airport. Your next report will be from Jaipur. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment